Happy Thanksgiving, a day of thanks, food and of course, Football. My husband and I are headed to Indiana to spend the holiday with my parents and family. We are also going to attend the Steelers vs Colts football game this evening. But before we go, we will of course eat, probably a couple of times. I made some table favors filled with candy, and no, it isn’t leftover from Halloween. Check these out.
The squishy bag was designed by Sam Hammond at Pootles.co.uk. Sam is known world wide for the boxes and bags she designs so cleverly. These bags are so easy. I’ve included the measurements down below.
I pulled out all my remaining Petals & Paisely paper and cut each in half for 6×12 pieces. I also used some of the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper, but not any of the designs that looked very Halloween’ie, just the fallish ones with pumpkins or dots.
- Score on short side at 1 ¾. Be sure to pay attention to the direction of the pattern. This will be the score line for the bottom of the bag.
- Score on long side at 2-7/8, 5-3/4, 8-5/8 and 11-1/2
- Burnish all score lines. Remove 1-3/4 x ½ rectangle and miter the two side of the remaining ½ flap. Cut remaining small flaps up to 1 ¾ score line
- Place score tape on the 1/2″ flap
- Place score tape on the inside of 3 flaps and the outside of 1.
- Fold and adhere bag to the 1/2 flap
- Fold in the outside flap first and adhere the others to make box bottom.
- Create tag or decoration. Fill with goodies,
- Squish together the top of the bag. Clip closed with clothespin, paper clip, or washi tape.
I adorned each bag with a tag of coordinating colors. For the Petals & Paisley bags I used the colors found throughout that paper pack, Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron including the 3/8″ ribbon three pack.
While the Stitched from the Heart framelit dies are not order-able right now and it is hard to see in the picture, I did use one of the stitched squares framelit around the sentiment from Tin of Tags. I framed it with another piece of coordinating card stock with a scalloped square peeking out from behind from the Squares framelits set. These two die sets are intended to nest together for some super cute results.
Don’t forget it is still On-line Extravaganza time with lots of items on sale through November 28th. Click here to see the full list.
Thanks for stopping by today. I love your comments. To leave one for me, click on the Comments link below. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest at Avery’s Owlery and ‘Like’ me on Facebook at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery. And be sure to sign up for email notifications of new blog posts below.
To order any of the products I used in my project click on the Shop button from AverysOwlery.com website to go directly to my on-line Stampin’ Up Store.
If you ever have any questions or comments about any of my projects leave a comment below or email me at StampingWithAverysOwlery@gmail.com.