Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled to the brim with projects that celebrate Spring and Summer. With inspiration from Katrina & the Waves’ song “Walking on Sunshine,” we’ve created projects that share the joy and excitement that accompany warmer weather. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
It has been a while since I posted here on my blog so I wanted to make this entry a really good one. I was searching around my craft table trying to figure out what to make when I spy with my little eye a package I recently received from my favorite Stampin Up Demonstrator, Brian King. Brian had a facebook challenge for his downline and the package was a prize I won for participating. In it were two Pool Party Stampin Blend markers, a Memento Black ink pad and some color worthy Petal Passion DSP.
Now you might not know this, but Pool Party is my favorite Stampin Up Color, and Brian knows that. Whether it was on purpose or by accident – I like to think it was on purpose – it was pretty cool that the markers I received were Pool Party. I decided to use those markers, paper and ink to make my project for today. It may not be Sunshine but the flowers remind me of spring as well as the color Pool party which I think is the color of the sky in springtime. And, did you notice the banner for the hop is Pool Party. All totally planned, hehe.
I made four cards to fit nicely into this acetate box.
Before I filled the acetate box, I dry embossed it with the Layered Leaves embossing folder
Here’s what it looks like on the embossed side. I think before I give this gift away I will load it up so just the pool party side of the card will show through on the embossed side, to better see the embossing.
Here are the four cards I made to go inside. Each used a different pattern of Petal Passion paper colored in some way with the Pool Party Stampin Blend alcohol markers or in the case of the Thank You card, the Pool Party ink pad.
Each card opens in a different way. This one is a gate fold with a ribbon to keep it closed
I used a utility knife and cut a slit in the fold on the right side for the ribbon to go through then used glue dots to adhere the ribbon to the flap. I stamped the Here For You from the Blossoming Basket Sale-a-Bration stamp set then cut it apart for my sentiment.
I used the markers to color pearls to coordinate with my cards. Alcohol markers work great to color pearls or rhinestones.
For this look, I drug the pool party stamp pad right over the DSP giving it texture and shading.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Brian King at Stamp with Brian
There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it any of it!
The Line Up
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Blossoming Basket, Petal Palette, Layering Love, Cake Soriee stamp sets
- Memento Black and Pool Party ink
- Petal Passion Designer Series Paper
- Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon
- Pearls, Layered Leaves embossing folder, 1-3/8 circle punch, 1-1/2 circle punch, Truly Tailored punch, Everyday Label Punch