Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “Here Comes the Sun.” As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by the joy of the summer sun. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Lately I’ve been working on multiple projects using the same stamp set or die to show it’s versatility and combining them into one larger post. This keeps me creating and I hope gives you all some thoughts on how you can use these products. Today I used the Abstract Impressions stamp set and feature flowers, a sure thing with sunshine. I’ve made two, one a case from the catalog and the other an original.
THE CATALOG CASE
I started with the case, using the stamp set of stems and flowers with a sentiment. I used the coordinating die to emboss – yes emboss, not cut – into the cardbase for texture.
Tip: I wasn’t sure how large the whisper white piece should be when I started so I just stamped away on a larger than necessary piece and then cut down to where it needed to be. This is very unlike me but I’m very happy with the results and need to do that more often.
I wanted a collage for the center so I started with stamping the flower images in various colors. I cut that piece down to size as well and then built panels with some DSP. The ribbon is actually Tranquil Tide but it looks great with the Shaded Spruce.
I hope you enjoyed these projects and will consider using Abstract Impressions for your own creations. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
THE LINE UP
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery YOU ARE HERE
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sandra Cornejo at Madly Crafting
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping