Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around VACATION. While many are reminiscing about their summer vacations, others are looking forward to the long weekend just around the corner. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My first thought regarding this theme was beach related. I do love a beach vacation and have been on many, however, I figured lots of folks would also be thinking that and wanted to capture a more common vacation card for my husband and I.
We have a cabin in the woods in Northwest Pennsylvania. The property has been in my husbands family since the 40’s purchased originally by his grandfather. Today it is owned by us and my step-son. For us it is a 5 hour drive so we don’t go as often as we would like but one of my favorite times is the fourth of July. It’s generally cooler up there than here at home in Columbus Ohio and with lots of fans going it makes for a nice get away. Cell phone service is spotty so we can take a break from the grid.
Like my card shows, we have lots of deer and lots of pine trees. It’s also on the top of a ‘mountain’ with a big meadow beside it. My favorite thing is the freshness of the air. It smells like pin and clean air, and grass and is just wonderful, thus my sentiment of Just Breathe from Colorful Seasons stamp set. I created a slight ombre effect by stamping in mint macaron on one side and shaded spruce on the other, with some overlap in the center.
I used a new stamp set called Snow Front to create my cabin scene using Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Balmy Blue, and Shaded Spruce. I used a rectangle stitched die to cut it out, and some Regal 6×6 DSP for the background.
Thanks for visiting and don’t miss out on all the rest of the Blog Hoppers today. Click here, or follow along in the list below.
InKing Royalty Blog Hop
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
Supplies – Click on any image to order from my on line store 24/7.
Join Stampin’ Up for All the Benefits
Sign up in Aug and receive an additional $30 in Free Products
You’ve thought about signing up to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator – Now is your time to shine. Between July 1 until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional $30 of product in your Starter Kit. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit – and Stampin’ Up! covers the shipping. How incredible is that?!
Oh, there’s more! You will also receive a $10 coupon code the following month to spend however you wish.
AND, when you sign up in Aug you can select products from the new Holiday Catalog and the Annual Catalog. The Holiday Catalog doesn’t go out to customers until Sept so you get a jump on holiday card making and sneak peeks at all the absolutely beautiful new products.
And more! Along with your purchase of a Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit, you:
- will earn a 20% discount on all purchases immediately after joining (and for as long as you are an active demonstrator) with the possibility to earn a bigger discount. What an awesome benefit and fun incentive!
- have access to amazing community of kind, talented stampers with daily inspiration. It does matter who you sign up under. I can offer access to an amazing community that other demos cannot.
- can attend our monthly online gatherings.
- have no obligation to ever sell or share with anyone (although it makes you really cool if you do) and no obligation to buy another thing if you don’t want to.
- earn my undying gratitude and respect.
Read about the benefits of joining and purchase your kit thru me here. It’s always a great time to Join Stampin’ Up!
Sign up for my Holiday Product Share
How would you like to get your hands on a sampling of all the beautiful new Holiday Catalog paper and ribbon? Look no further than my paper and ribbon shares! Instead of buying all of the new paper and ribbon in the Holiday Catalog yourself, you’ll split it with other people and pay a fraction of the price – and I do all the work for you!
For all the details