Snowflakes galore today. I don’t want them on the ground yet, it is only September after all, but on a holiday card, yessir! I’m going to share how I made this card below, but also how you could make it much more easily if you wanted to, with slightly different results.
I wanted to have white snow on a dark Night of Navy background. I was going for a watercolor look with resist, by removing some of the colors from a piece of watercolor paper lready saturated with ink. That attempt was a bust so I pulled out the embossing paste and my mask. Do you see how the color of the snowflakes is not white? That’s because it pulled the ink from the watercolor paper. If you want a truly white snowflake on Night of Navy, just use regular Night of Navy cardstock with the embossing paste.
Step by step
- Thick Basic White cardstock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4.
- Tape the Snowflake mask from ADORNING DESIGNS DECORATIVE MASKS • 156328 | $8.00 to your workspace and slip a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Night of Navy underneath. Apply embossing paste to mask and lift off when completed. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp sentiment from HEARTFELT WISHES STAMP SET • 156541 | $21.00 on basic white using Night of Navy Ink. (I used Pacific Point on mine.
- Punch out a snowflake from WONDERFUL SNOWFLAKES 156340 | $6.00. Die cut a solid and a stitched snowflake from the STITCHED SNOWFLAKES DIES 156455 | $34.00 using Basic White. Layer the three together with liquid glue andd adhere as shown.
- Wrap a piece of 1-1/2″ METALLIC MESH RIBBON • 153550 | $8.00 around the Navy panel and adhere with tape on the back.
- Tie a bow using the WHITE 3/8″ GLITTERED ORGANDY RIBBON • 156408 | $8.50 and adhere with glue dots on the card front as shown.
- Finally, add your sentiment with dimensional.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin