There are still many retiring products left to purchase in the current annual catalog but you’ve probably already gotten all you need and that’s understandable. But, the Jan – June mini catalog is still going strong and will be until the end of June, so my card today is all about Honeybees and the products are all available for purchase right now.
I cased this card from a fellow Stampin’ UP! demonstrator at debstampslife.blogspot.com. It is perfectly normal to see a cased project (copy and share everything). Inspiration comes from everywhere but sometimes it’s fun to recreate what someone else has already put great thought into, so long as you give credit where credit is due. I case projects when I 1) have run out of creative mojo, or 2) the project I see online is too cute not to, or, lastly, 3) I need something specific for an upcoming class and what I’ve found online fits the bill perfectly.
For whatever reason you might case, you can still make it your own by changing up this or that. In my Honeybee card, I reduced the number of hexagons used. Deb is from Australia and their standard card size is slightly taller and thinner than our American version. She had more vertical space to use while I had more horizontal, thus the modifications. It all works.
Pieces and parts
- Start with our standard card base of 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4. Layer a piece of All Together Designer Series Paper cut to 5-1/2 x 4. This paper is still available for purchase, however, almost any black and white design would work and SU has several.
- Cut several hexagons from white, black, and crushed curry or Bumblebee using the Beautiful Shapes dies from the Mini catalog. Run the largest of them through the Honeybee embossing folder for some great texture.
- Stamp the flower and two of the bees from the Honeybee stamp set on white cardstock using Memento ink, then color with a dark daffodil stampin’ blend. Use the coordinating dies to crop them out.
- Stamp your favorite sentiment on a white hexagon and then assemble your pieces and parts. I used dimensional on some and tape runner on others.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin