Thank you for joining us for the August Pals Blog Hop. Even though it’s only August we want to provide some inspiration for your upcoming holiday projects. This month’s blog hop will showcase new products from the 2013 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. We hope you enjoy seeing how we use the new stamps, new punches and other accessories!
You should have just left stop number 27 on the Pals Hop – Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
When I saw the challenge was to use products from our Holiday catalog I knew I wanted to incorporate those wonderful Expressions Thinlits sayings and Festive Flurry snowflakes. But what colors to use? It came to me in a dream, no really, to use Island Indigo. What a versatile color for year round crafting but it is stunning with crisp white and pool party. Now that I had my color scheme it was just a matter of designing.
About the card.
1. I wanted to use the Festive Flurry stamp set with the coordinating framelits. Purchasing these as a bundle to save 15% was a no-brainer!. And you can’t have snowflakes without a little sparkle right, I stamped the largest in Versamark and heat embossed with pool party embossing powder. I then used the next size down snowflake and with the magnetic platform positioned it exactly where I wanted it to crop out the inside portion of the larger snowflake. I turned over the snowflake and used the side without the embossing as a background layer.
2. I stamped the smallest snowflake using Versamark on both pool party and whisper white, used heat and stick powder then Dazzling Diamonds for some shimmer. The whisper white is layered over the Island Indigo. The pool party I tucked inside like a puzzle piece into the larger snowflake . I liked the effect. Both are popped up with dimensionals.
3. Finally, the real focal point was the word Merry, using the Expressions Thinlits Dies on the silver foil sheets. I don’t know about you but I think the design on one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders looks like snow flakes. How pretty that would be to set off the edge of my card with the Large Scallop Edgelits in silver foil. So I ran it through the big shot with the embossing folder then again with the scallop edgelit for finishing. For a bit of background texture I used the Northern Flurry embossing folder on whisper white.
What I used. Stamps: Festive Flurry, Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Pool Party, Silver Foil. Ink: Versamark, Accessories: Pool Party embossing powder, Heat and Stick embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Northern Flurries embossing folder, Delicate Designs embossing folder, Festive Flurry Framelits Dies, Expressions Thinlits Dies
The next stop is Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’, stop number 29 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin’ Ink
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Amy Williams at Stampin’ on the Range
- Shannon Jaramillo at Ezpeasycards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at MyStampinSpace
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Brian King at Stamp With Brian
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin Mojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Kolcun at Stampin with Avery’s Owlery
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit