Thank you for joining us for the September Pals Blog Hop. This month we are showcasing projects made with the Stampin’ Up! tools we love.
You should have just left stop number 4 on the Pals Hop – Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
This month my parents will be married 55 years. An amazing accomplishment. They have their health, something I’m very grateful for. They have their shared interests. They enjoy football and have season tickets to the Indianapolis Colts and Purdue (where they both went to school). What that really means is they are very busy in the fall with football games to attend nearly every weekend, sometimes on Saturday and Sunday. They also have tickets to many Indianapolis Pacer Games. They are active in their church. They travel internationally every year, they just returned from Iceland. And, if that wasn’t enough, my dad, who’s birthday is also this month and will be 77, still works 3 days a week. I can only hope I’m as active as they are when I am their age.
About the card
1. Now I know that 50th is the Golden Anniversary and no matter what 55 is supposed to be, I’m pretty sure nothing is going to look better than two golden 5s using the Gold Foil sheets (132622) from Stampin Up. I used my Big Shot Tool (113439) and the Typeset Alphabet Bigz (127553) to crop them out. I also used the Magnetic Platform (130658) to keep the Apothecary Accents Framelits ( 127003) in place to crop out the Silver Glimmer paper (124005) behind the 55. I also used the Square Collections Framelits (130921) to cut the black frame in the center.
2. The Modern Medley paper mixing is so easy to do. To highlight it even more, I used some non-Stampin Up shimmer paper left over from a wedding job I did this summer. Click here to see that post. This paper is exactly the color of Very Vanilla with a touch of shimmer. To make it stand out even more I used my Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586) to score it then added pearls for the final touch
3. I usually build a card from the base up, choosing the size for the finished product from the beginning. This one, I did just the opposite. I started with the 55 and layered underneath again and again until I had the final card front I wanted. But when I went to add the black card base, it just wasn’t doing it for me in the final size. I cut the Basic Black at 5 1/4 x 11 and scored it at 5 inches. That left a 1 inch overlap on the back that I chose to leave in place. I could incorporate my inside piece of very vanilla with the front by adding a beautiful ribbon. I used my paper piercing template (126187) to perfectly place the hole punch. (ok, say that tongue twister 5 times fast, hehe). The finished size is 6 x 5 1/4.
4. You know what that means. I need a custom made envelope and how better to do that than with the Envelope Punch Board (133774) I’ve been a big fan of making envelopes for all my cards because I think it finishes out the little mini gift I’m sending. If I don’t make an envelope, I love using the new Envelope Liners Framelits Dies (132172) to finish off the envelopes from Stampin Up.
|133774||Envelope Punch Board||$19.95|
I hope you enjoyed my card and the Pals blog hop. Leave me a comment to let me know your thoughts.
The next stop is Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds stop number 6 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
Final Blog Hop Line Up List:
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Shirley Sumption at Look at My Cute Stuff
- Barbara Chatzkel at Take Out Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Maria Flores at Maria’s Sandbox
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits From Dawn
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought…Cards by Amy
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Prettypaprecards.com
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’