Welcome to our first blog hop of 2014. This month we are excited to show you the new products available in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog as well as a preview of the free products you can earn through Sale-a-bration at the end of January.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from stop 16 Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I created my card today to say thank you. The new So Very Grateful stamp set in the Occasions catalogue from Stampin Up was just the thing to express my gratitued. The flower stamp as well as the You’re So Very Giving….stamp and the inside stamp of…
….And I’m so very grateful said it all. I love it when I can use one whole stamp set to do an entire card. I fell in love with this stamp set when I first saw the catalogue. One of the first stamp sets I ever purchased from SU was Bordering on Romance and the two primary floral stamp sets were very similar to this one. Bordering on Romance retired last summer and I was totally bummed. Now I’m happy though as So Very Grateful is a wonderful fresh replacement. Thank you SU.
About my card
1. Frame it up. I placed my watercolored stamp inside and then cut a frame through the top two layers so it would show through both open and closed.
3. I used watercolor paper, Marvelous Markers and my Aqua Painter to color this beautiful stamp. When watercoloring always start with the lightest color first, dotting the color in the bottom of the image, like the bottom of a petal, then use the Aqua Painter to pull the color out to the edges. Repeat with each layer of darker color.
What I used
Stamps: So Very Grateful, Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Pear Pizzaze, Always Arthichoke, Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, Primrose Petals, Rasberry Ripple, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Black Stazon, Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolor paper, Pistachio Pudding, Accessories: Pretty Print, Dimensionals
The next stop is number 18 Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month
- 1. Goldie Shaul at Punch and Stamp
- 2. Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- 3. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- 4. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- 5. Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker
- 6. Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- 7. Colleen Mollema at Uncanny Crafting
- 8. Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- 9. Janice Warhank at Janice’s Papercraft Playground
- 10. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- 11. Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- 12. Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- 13. Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- 14. Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- 15. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- 16. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- 17. Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery You are Here
- 18. Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- 19. Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- 20. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- 21. Shirley Sumption at Look at my Cute Stuff
- 22. Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- 23. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- 24. Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- 25. Lisa Gaines-Davis at Cherry St. Papertreats
- 26. Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards
- 27. Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- 28. Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine