Timeless Tropical is such a lovely suite of products and the Tropical Oasis Designer series paper makes me think of warmer areas than here in Ohio. The colors are amazing and the stamps are DistInktive stamps, meaning they are so detailed. This week I’ll be sharing my projects made with this suite.
A while ago I ran across a post from Carolyn Bennie in Australia. You can see her Photo Tutorial down below. She made the cutes Hawaiian looking shirt card that I pinned it to make later. This has been one of my most popular pins. It was time I tried my hand at it myself.
Where her measurements were in centimeters I’ve converted to inches. I’ve also added score lines for folding as it helped me make a better product.
- Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper to 10 x 6 inches.
- Score on the short side at 1-1/2 and 4-1/2 inches
- Score on the long side at 3/4 inch
- Fold on score lines towards the center of the paper. Turn over to the backside and fold down on top scoreline. Flip back over and fold in the points together. This will form the collar of the shirt
- Fold-out the bottom portion of the flaps 4-1/4 from the bottom
- Stamp a piece of whisper white cardstock 2-7/8 x 4 with message and tuck into the bottom of the shirt
- Fold up and tuck under the collar points
- Use 1/2 circle punch for 3 ‘buttons’. Use a marker or journaling pen to mark the holes. Adhere to shirt front with dimensionals
Thank you for visiting today. I always appreciate your comments and answer all questions as soon as possible. Until then…
Feb 9 is my stamp club meeting. Seating is limited so drop me a comment or email (Lynn@averysowlery.com) if you are interested in joining.
February 25 is a new type of offering called a Kit Class using the Painted Poppies stamp set. Check out all the details by clicking the button below.Click for Painted Poppies Kit Class Details
Jan-June Mini Catalog Live! Click Image for more…
If you want to see the catalog on screen, click this button…
Links to products I used today. Click to Shop 24×7