Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Thanksgiving, so prepare yourself for Autumn landscapes, warm colors, and sweet reminders of all the reasons we have to be grateful this time of year. I’m excited to share with you Love Of Leaves again and a fun technique. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Yes, there is pressure to prepare a wonderful meal but the rest of the day is all about eating, sharing, watching football, playing cards, and enjoying the company. No presents to distract from the joy of being with others. This year, when perhaps gathering at Thanksgiving won’t be as possible due to the pandemic, it is a great time to send those you love a Thanksgiving card.
My card really features the Love of Leaves Stamp set. All the leaf images are solid stamps, not line art, which means they are perfect for this sponge daubing technique.
Pick your colors. I used, in this order, Terracotta Tile, Bumblebee, Old Olive and, Merry Merlot. I daubed terracotta first over each leaf around the edges, then some bumblebee in the middle. Next was Old Olive on the stems and a little bit on the sides of some. Finally, a splash of Merry Merlot in the center.
Here’s how it turned out. Each one will be different. I re-stamped it until all the ink was used up then sponged it again.
I don’t know if you noticed or not but there is a die set you might want to check into. Hippo & Friends. I’m not a big user of cartoon images, like the Hippos but I love the label dies that are included with this die set. I used the smallest round-ish die along with the squiggly line for my sentiment. The Merry Merlot sprigs are from the Poinsettia Dies. I’ve been reaching for that a lot this fall.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon. here’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it.
InKing Royalty Blog Hop Line Up
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery YOU ARE HERE
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram