I have enjoyed playing with patterns of paper this holiday season with the fabulous paper from Stampin’ UP!. The Designer Series Paper Packs are designed to work together or on their own and I love that.
Today I’m sharing a project I made playing with patterns from the Heartwarming Hugs a pack of paper with smaller style patterns, making it easy to mix together.
Tips and Techniques
- Create the look by playing with patterns and cutting 6 strips of DSP 1″ x 4″. In this project, I used three pieces of red foil, two pieces of the red/green plaid, and one piece of the stripe.
- Place the three red foil pieces horizontally then weave in vertical strips. Remember, over-under.
- Tighten the strips together so they stay woven and place on a piece of whisper white or other color cardstock using liquid glue. I added the glue to the whisper white first then laid the woven strips on top. There will be ends hanging over.
- Run the whole thing through your die cutting machine with the Stitched Rectangle die.
I did some more playing with patterns here in an alternative version of this technique showing off some free Sneak Peeks of new paper and a stamp set coming out in the Jan-June Sale-a-Bration brochure. Each of these products will be free with a $50 purchase.
Get your own sneak peek products by becoming a demonstrator. It’s risk-free with lots of benefits. Join now and select from the new catalog as well as the annual catalog.Answering Your Joining SU Questions
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram