Simple Stamping means just that, simple stamping without a lot of “techniques”, layers, die cutting, etc. My card today using the Simply Succulent stamp set is a great example of simple stamping.
The first step in creating my simple stamping card today was to apply a watercolor wash on a piece of watercolor paper. Don’t worry, this is still considered simple stamping. Take a paintbrush or water painter and apply a nice layer of water on the watercolor paper. Dip brush onto ink pad or pool of ink and dilute with some water then brush over the watercolor paper. I used Balmy blue for my background color. Be sure to let dry fully.
Stamp the Succulent image on the watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Stamp this same image again on a piece of copy paper. Use the coordinating dies to cut out the image.
You’ll use this to make a mask on the watercolor paper by layering over your stamped image and holding it down with post-it note or some washi tape or the magnet if using your stamparatus.
Stamp the bucket image on card front. The mask on the succulents will make it look like the succulents are draping over the top of the bucket. This is a fun technique to use on lots of different stamp images.
Lay a piece of copy paper on watercolor paper to make a horizon line and draw with a journaling pen or black marker. Do the same on the top and side.
Use your stamparatus to stamp the sentiment on the Card front. I always use the Delux foam mat on my stamparatus and line up the sentiment where I want it to be, then stamp on just the foam mat first to assure it is straight.Shop Now
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Great Deals on Gently Used ItemsBundlesStamps
- All of my retired items for sale have been gently used by me. All stamps and dies in the set are included unless otherwise noted.
- Bundles are coordinating products like Stamp/Die sets, Stamp/Punch Sets
- I charge a flat rate of $5.00 for shipping unless you are doing Local Delivery.