Ah, Travel. Who’s ready for some of that after a long housebound 2020? Me, me! I am. I’m itching to hit the road and see some sights and we have a few driving trips planned for this summer. But, we always have our cabin in the woods ready and waiting for us in Pennsylvania. My husband is there today, enjoying his new retirement meaning he can head up there about any time he wants. He loves it up there and it certainly refreshes his soul. So here is my project today, welcoming him to retirement and the traveling opportunities that come with it.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects are centered around Travel & Transportation, so prepare yourself for a fun journey. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
The thing you first notice about the area around our cabin, up on the top of a Pennsylvania mountain are the trees. We are smack in the middle of Cook’s Forest in northwestern PA and there are Pines and Hemlocks as far as you can see. They whisper in the wind and sway in the breeze and they smell oh so good. That was what I wanted to bring to my slim-line card today.
Travel Tree Card Details
- To start your travel tree card, cut a piece of Bloom Where You’re Planted Designer series paper cut to 7-1/2 x 3. You can see a snip of it in the bottom right corner of the picture below. I love how this particular design adds depth and subtlety.
- Next stamp the background pine tree image from Beauty of Friendship in Soft Succulent. I stamped the larger portion first, and not the tree trunks, so as to get the correct spacing.
- Use the detailed pine tree image overlay with Evening Evergreen. These two colors have already become my new favorites this year.
- Finally, stamp the tree trunks with Sahara Sand. I also added additional Soft Succulent stamped pine trees – stamped off once or twice – in the open spaces.
- Layer onto a 7-3/4 x 3-1/4 piece of Bloom where You’re Planted – bottom left corner.
- Wrap with a piece of Evening Evergreen Chevron ribbon and adhere to your Sahara Sand 7 x 8 card base scored at 3-1/5.
- For the inside, cut a piece of basic white to 7-3/4 x 3-1/4. Stamp off with the Soft Succulent background image, then overlay with a stamped off twice of the Evening Evergreen detailed image.
- Cut a piece of basic white thick cardstock using the large outline die from Beautiful trees. Using a Blender brush or sponge dauber and Pool Party Ink, use the edges of that die-cut to create the clouds.
- Use the new stamp set Many Happenings with Versamark and heat emboss with white powder on Evening Evergreen card stock. Die-cut with the coordinating Messages Die. Use the Messages die again on Soft Succulent card stock and no stamping for layers.
Travel Slim Line Envelope Details
Every Slim-line card needs an envelope too. Cut a piece of basic white card stock to 8 x 11. Score on 8″ side at 2 and 5-3/4. Score on 11″ side at 1-1/2 and 9-3/4. Fold and burnish all score lines, Cut up on the score lines to remove all four corners. Use a corner rounder to round all the corners. Fold up the bottom flap and add tear tape or Seal +. Fold over one side. Add tear tape or Seal + to the inside of the second flap and adhere. Cut a piece of DSP to fit the envelope flap and adhere with liquid glue.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop,
Brian King at Stamp with Brian. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Inking Royalty Blog Hop Line-UP
Thank you for visiting my little part of the Internet today. I hope you enjoyed my post and will come to visit again. I always read and appreciate your comments and respond to any questions. Click the Comment button below to contact me.
The Ultimate Bundle
What better way to save money than with the Ultimate Bundle and best of all, you pick all the items to go in it. Joining Stampin’ UP! for some is simply a way to save a bunch of cash and that’s all it has to be. There is no obligation to purchase anything after the initial bundle, but if you do, you’ll save another 20% on every item, even clearance. If you don’t want to purchase anything else, there is no penalty. This is a Win-Win situation for you.
Now by May 31 you will get even MORE FREE products in your customizable Ultimate Bundle Also know as the Starter Kit. New members will get
$125 USD $155 USD worth of products for only $99 USD + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up! There is no commitment to purchase anything further and no penalty. It’s a risk-free way to save. Click HERE for details.