Sometimes life is unfair and hard and we don’t understand why things happen the way they do. But how we approach those challenges can make all the difference in the ultimate outcome, even with something as serious as cancer. I recently found out a dear friend of mine discovered her adult daughter has cancer. Her daughter is a “tough cookie” to quote her twin sister so I made her this You Are Fierce card so she remembers she is.
I just loved the Fierce sentiment. I think it can be applicable to several situations, including this one. The Big Cats were stamped with Highland Heather and Night of Navy. Navy was used again on the plants and the stamped background on a Fresh Freesia card base.
Steps for creating Your Are Fierce Card
- Stamp sitting and standing tiger on basic white card stock in Highland Heather
- Stamp tiger stripes in Night of Navy. Hint, the tiger stripes stamp works on both tigers.
- Stamp tiger face in Night of Navy
- Stamp two of the plant images in Night of Navy.
- Die-cut all images with Coordinating Cat Dies
- Die-cut Picture This Circles in Night of Navy and Highland Heather
- Stamp You Are Fierce on Highland Heather medium size circle.
- Fold a piece of white ribbon – any style – in the shape of a cancer ribbon and adhere to the largest navy circle with glue dots
- Layer stamped the sentiment on top with dimensionals
- Stamp leaf image on the card base in semi-random pattern, stamping off on some.
- Adhere sitting tiger and plant with tape runner to the front of the card as shown. Adhere standing tiger, second plant and sentiment using dimensionals as shown.
I’m not going to lie, I’m very very sad the Stitched Shapes have retired. I especially used the Circles on so many of my projects. But, the new Picture This die is a good second choice. The die can be used to make a peek-a-boo card, or as I’ve used it here to create stitched circle layers. The added ribbon in the shape of a cancer ribbon gives it a final touch.
Thank you for visiting my little part of the Internet today. I hope you enjoyed my post and will come to visit again. I always read and appreciate your comments and respond to any questions. Click the Comment button below to contact me.
The Ultimate Bundle
What better way to save money than with the Ultimate Bundle and best of all, you pick all the items to go in it. Joining Stampin’ UP! for some is simply a way to save a bunch of cash and that’s all it has to be. There is no obligation to purchase anything after the initial bundle, but if you do, you’ll save another 20% on every item, even clearance. If you don’t want to purchase anything else, there is no penalty. This is a Win-Win situation for you.
Now by May 31 you will get even MORE FREE products in your customizable Ultimate Bundle Also know as the Starter Kit. New members will get
$125 USD $155 USD worth of products for only $99 USD + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up! There is no commitment to purchase anything further and no penalty. It’s a risk-free way to save. Click HERE for details.
Life is full of big adventures that are best experienced together! This month’s The Adventure Begins Paper Pumpkin Kit helps you celebrate those exciting new chapters in the most creative of ways with enough supplies to create twelve motivating cards—plus coordinating envelopes—all featuring the exciting colors of nature.