Fun Fold cards are, well just fun. They always provide a wow factor for the recipient and for the creator as well. Today’s fun fold card was inspired by Julie DiMatteo at PaperPixie.com. Julie is a fellow demonstrator and friend of mine who is amazing at creating fun folds and 3D projects. I fell in love with this Hexagon twist on a standard card and gave it a go, showing off the new Art in Bloom Hybrid Emboss/Die cut products in the annual catalog. Here’s my card and a quick video to show you how it opens.
Hexagon Fun Fold Card Base
- Cut and score Mango Melody cardstock – 8-1/8″ x 8-1/4″. Score along the 8-1/8″ side at 1/2″, 2-7/8″, 5-1/4″, and 7-5/8″. Score along the 8-1/4″ side at 4-1/8″.
- Turn the cardstock to backside and score diagonal lines as shown in the video tutorial (see Julie’s template and video for reference).
- Fold and burnish all score lines using the ‘Mountain in the Middle’ rule. Remove the top left and the lower right rectangles.
- Cut Neutral 6×6 DSP – 2-1/4″ x 3-7/8″ (2 pcs – landscape) – then cut diagonally from the upper left corner to the lower right corner so you have 4 pieces. Adhere to the cardstock as shown in the video, top and third triangle on left. Second and fourth triangle on right. All triangles should be facing the same direction.
- Apply Tear Tape to the remaining two flaps and remove the cover. Turn cardstock to the back and fold flaps into the center, folding the cardstock in half along the horizontal centerfold. Adhere to the flaps. Twist card into a hexagon shape.
Art in Bloom Card Front
- Basic White – 2″ x 3-3/4″ (1 pcs). Stamp image from Art In Bloom using Smoky slate ink along the bottom of basic white and adhere to card front
- Stamp the line image from the Art in Bloom flowers on scrap Basic White. Use Mango Melody stamped off once with the fill image. Place in Hybrid Embossing Folder with Die and run through your die cut machine. Be sure to use the 3D sandwich plates.
- Stamp 3 leaves using smoky slate ink on smoky slate cardstock and die cut. Adhere flowers and leaves to card front. Insert 3 cards and tie white bakers twine around to hold closed.
- Cut Smoky Slate cardstock – 2-1/4″ x 4″ (3 pcs) and 3 pieces of Basic White – 2-x 3-3/4. Stamp flowers from Art in Bloom on Basic white using Smoky Slate ink. Adhere to cardstock. Insert in the three pockets formed in the Hexagon card.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Gently Used Stampin’ UP! Products Ready for New Home
Shop Gently Used
Are you looking for a particular stamp or die that has retired from Stampin’ UP! It is very likely I have it and it is ready to be re-homed to your craft space. Shop all my Gently Used items by clicking the button below.
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin