Have you seen all the amazing projects in the stampin world using Isopropyl Alcohol and Stampin Blend Markers. I recently hosted a stamp class where we used this technique and wanted to share with you the results. I hope you’ll try it yourself sometime soon.
The key to this technique is to use Alcohol based markers like Stampin’ UP!s Stampin Blends along with 90% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol. You’ll have to hunt a bit to find that % as most Isopropyl alcohol is only 70%. 70% doesn’t work, ask me how I know! The higher concentration allows the ink to move better. The other key to this technique is to use Vellum. Here again, I feel a higher quality (think thicker) vellum like Stampin’ UP!s works better than the thinner kind you can pick up at craft stores or Amazon.
I followed along with a video by demonstrator Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink. Click to view. I chose Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo as my two colors. I know those two don’t sound like they would work well together but the way the alcohol works on the ink is kind of amazing.
Steps for creating an Alcohol Technique Card
- Thick Basic White 4-1.4 x 11 scored at 5-1/2
- Poppy Parade 4-1/8 x 5-3/8. Basic white at 4 x 5-1/4
- Stamp sentiment on Daffodil Delight and die cut with the label die from Meadow Die set.
- Cut vellum to 3-3/4 x 5.
- Use Dark Poppy and dark Flamingo blends in an alternating pattern
- Add alcohol to poppy with a paintbrush. Do the same with flaming. Let sit for a few mins to dry. Adhere to the Basic White layer with vellum tape or use a sponge and liquid glue on the entire vellum panel. Adhere to Poppy Parade layer with tape runner.
- Cut meadow die-cut from Poppy and Flamingo. Adhere Flamingo using liquid glue to Vellum. Adhere poppy with mini Stampin dimensional slightly offset.
- Wrap white bakers twine around layers and thread through sentiment label and tie in a bow. Adhere entire panel to the card base with dimensional.
The ladies attending the class loved this new technique. Each of their projects turned out differently but all were beautiful.
Thank you for visiting my little part of the Internet today. I hope you enjoyed my post and will come to visit again. I always read and appreciate your comments and respond to any questions. Click the Comment button below to contact me.
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Life is full of big adventures that are best experienced together! This month’s The Adventure Begins Paper Pumpkin Kit helps you celebrate those exciting new chapters in the most creative of ways with enough supplies to create twelve motivating cards—plus coordinating envelopes—all featuring the exciting colors of nature.