Flowers of Friendship was one of the first stamp sets I picked up from the new catalog. I loved the simplicity of the stamp set and the so many options for coloring it. I’m using the new Soft Pastel chalks today and I’ll show you how.
New techniques are what I look forward to the most in my crafting time. Something new in the 2021 catalog is Soft Pastels. These aren’t new, exactly, they have been around for a long time, but they are new to me and Stampin’ UP! has delivered a great set of Stampin’ UP! colors. Soft Pastels are a kind of chalk. You can do lots of things with them, especially blending. My card is the most simple way to use them, I hope you like it.
Steps to making the Flowers of Friendship card
- Thick Basic White card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Basic Black cut to 4-7/16 x 3
- Use Positive Thoughts die cut label from Thick Basic White
- Stamp flower image from Flowers of Friendship
- Use the lightest yellow (Daffodil Delight) Soft Pastel and color just the petals of the flower. Blend with your finger but stay within the lines as much as possible. With the Calypso Coral pastel color the detail lines of each flower.
- Using the Bermuda Bay pastel, color the leaves then smudge them with your finger. Take the Granny Apple Green pastel and draw on the detail lines of the leaves.
- Layer on the black and tie double strand of black and white bakers twine around the panels. Adhere to card front with dimensional.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
Host your own Order or Connect with Others and Earn
STAMPIN’ UP! IS ABOUT CONNECTING WITH OTHERS AND SHARING OUR LOVE OF CRAFTING. NOW WHEN YOU PLACE QUALIFYING ORDERS, YOU’LL ALSO COLLECT THE REWARDS!
Not only is it time to shop for new items, but from 4 May–14 June 2021, qualifying orders will receive our generous Stampin’ Rewards PLUS additional rewards! You can earn Stampin’ Rewards based on order totals for an entire party or your own individual order that meets the totals shown below. Place your order by Clicking HERE or email me at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com or text at 614-592-7590
*Before tax and shipping.
**Stampinʼ Rewards cannot be used on a 50%-off item. You can purchase items with this 50% off such as a full-priced item or discounted stamp/tool bundles only. Cannot use the 50% on Suite collections, the Starter Kit, the standard size Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, or Paper Pumpkin Prepaid Subscriptions