Are you always on the lookout for new fun fold ideas, especially easy ones? I have one for you today called a book fold. I saw a recent project online with this fold and gave it a try and I hope you will too.
The neat thing about this book fold is how it opens. I turned my vertically, but traditionally a book fold would probably open right to left (horizontally). The stamp and die cut I used for my card front just didn’t feel right in that direction, thus the change up.
Cutting and Dimensions
- Just Jade card stock cut at 4-1/4 x 11 and scored at 4-1/4 and 5-1/2
- Night of Navy card stock 1-1/8 x 4-1/8 and 4-1/8 x 4-1/8 and 4-1/4 x 3/4
- Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper 1 – 4 and 4 x 4
- Basic White 4 x 4 for the inside and scrap large enough for stamp and die-cutting.
Steps for creating In Symmetry card
- Fold card base at 5-1/2 in scoreline like normal. Fold opposite direction on 4-1/4 score line as shown above and use Seal+ or Tear Tape next to 4-1/4 score line and adhere to the back of the card base to make the ‘spine’ of the book fold
- Use a circle hole punch and punch through the card base on both sides first before the other layers are added to keep it from being too thick for your hole punch to get through.
- Layer 1 inch Dsp on 1-1/8 piece of navy card stock together with tape runner then adhere to the card base with tape runner.
- Turn the card over and line up hole punch with previously made holes and punch again through the DSP and navy layers. Repeat on the other side. Thread just jade ribbon through holes and tie in a bow.
- Layer large DSP on navy with tape and adhere to card front again with tape.
- On a scrap piece of basic white stamp the stem from In Symmetry with Just Jade ink. Stamp large flower image with Night of Navy then stamp leaf image in Just Jade. Clean stamp and re-ink with Navy and stamp leaves. Clean stamp and re-ink with Just Jade and stamp the third set of leaves, lining up each set of leaves to almost touching the image above. You will need to extend the stem again for the third set of leaves.
- Use the largest die from Hippo dies to crop flower image. Adhere to the card front with tape.
- Stamp another set of leaves in the Navy on a separate scrap of basic white. Trim out and adhere to the card front with dimensional
- Stamp sentiment from Sunny Sentiments on navy card stock with Versamark ink. Powder with white embossing powder and heat emboss. Snip the sentiment down to the two lines of text with scissors then adhere to card with liquid glue.
- Use the symmetrical Stems punch to get 4 leaf stems. Adhere to card with liquid glue.
What a fun book fold to try, and super easy. Your own creativity can fill the front of the card in any way you like, using these products or any you have at home.
Thank you for visiting my little part of the Internet today. I hope you enjoyed my post and will come to visit again. I always read and appreciate your comments and respond to any questions. Click the Comment button below to contact me.
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram