This week we have two Granddaughters with birthdays. Emma turns 4 on Friday and Penelope turns 3 on Wednesday. We picked up some little girls’ things for them, necklaces, bracelets, unicorns, and nail kits that will fit perfectly in these pretty purses.
I have made these little purses before but it’s been a minute so I was at a loss for how I did it. Thank You, Pinterest!. I was able to find a great video from Karina’s Kreations. Click For Her Video. I made a couple of adjustments from her tutorial that I’ll explain below.
Of course, I needed a tag for my pretty purse and I reached for the A Grand Kid stamp set. for the perfect sentiment. I cut the sentiment apart to place on the Tailored Tags die that was just right. The little flowers and leaves are from the peach die set.
- 2 pieces of DSP 4 x 8. Pattern Party used here
- 4 strips of card stock 3/4 x 8
- 2 stirps of card stock 1 x 11 for purse straps
- 1 piece of card stock 3 x 6-1/2 scored at 1/2″ on all four sides
Steps to create Pretty Purse
- Make the bottom of the purse. Burnish all four score lines on the card stock. Snip up to the score line on each corner of the long side. Add tear tape to the tabs and fold in to create a box.
- Wrap tear tape around the box. Place tear tape on the two short sides of the right side of one piece of DSP. Adhere DSP to the box starting in the middle of the short side. Go slowly and place at the very bottom of the box.
- Remove the tear tape from the DSP and repeat with the second piece, overlapping the adhesive and adhering to the top.
- Score 1 x 11′ strips down the middle from 1″ to 10″ leaving both ends not scored. Add tear tape down the score line and fold in half. Shape the strip into a handle shape and adhere to both sides of the purse with tear tape.
- Add tear tape to the 8″ strips and adhere to the bottom and top of the purse going over the purse straps.
Steps to create tag
- Crop second largest tag from Tailored Tags using Pool Party
- Stamp sentiment from A Grand Kid on white cardstock in Pool Party Ink and snip phrases apart. Adhere to tag as shown.
- Crop tiny flowers from peach dies using Flirty Flamingo and leaves from Granny Apple Green. Adhere as shown to tag with liquid glue. Tie to Pretty Purse handle with white bakers twine.
While this purse is perfect for little treasures for a little girl, big girls will like them too. These purses are just right to fit 4 cards with envelopes to give as a gift to your special friend or loved one.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin