Welcome to the June InKing Royalty Blog Hop. This year we our themes are around our favorite card making and today it is all about Stars. I hope you’ll hop through and see all the wonderful creations we have to share with you today. Let’s get started.
I try to do something a little different, especially on Blog Hop Days but I admit, I was struggling with this month’s theme of Stars. I just don’t use them very often. But I was up for the challange and pulled out my Stitched Stars die set to start.
This card has changed many times before the final version. Have you had that happen to you? It starts out one way and ends up completely different. The only thing that was the same were the stars on the background. Let me show you how I made them.
The Stitched Stars has lots and lots of stars but also some little dies to enhance the stars. I used the star indicated above and the five little dies also indicated to make this shape then used it as a stencil on a piece of Pattern Party Designer Series Paper. (Note-I love this pack of DSP. It is only available to purchase with $18 Host dollars and comes with 48 sheets of 12×12. It makes placing an order of $150 or more so worth it)
- Black cardstock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Pattern party dsp 3-1/2 x 5-1/2
- Black 1-1/4 x 3-1/2
- Crushed Curry 1/2 x 3-1/2 and 6 x 1
- Crushed Curry and black scrap pieces large enough for die cuts
Steps to create Star Card
- Create stencil using 5 small dies and star together on piece of white cardstock. Use Blending brush or dauber to apply daffodil delight ink to DSP. Use light hand on some and heavy hand on others.
- Cut stitched zigzag die from Basic Borders on 1 x 6 piece of crushed curry to create two border strips. Adhere to back of DSP with tape runner as shown. Adhere panel to card base
- Place crushed curry 1/2 x 3-1/2 to black strip with tape runner. Adhere Bumblebee ribbon as shown with glue dots or tape runner and adhere panel to card front
- Die cut 4th largest stitched star from crushed curry and black card stock and adhere together with tape. Adhere to card with tape or dimensional.
- Stamp Many messages on whisper white with memento ink using stamparatus for best coverage. Die cut with message dies and adhere your favorite sentiment to card front with tape or dimensional
- Die cut in crushed curry the swirly die (bottom right corner of image above). Save the swirly for another project and use stars on card as shown.
Thanks for hopping along with us today. Check out the next stop in our hop by visiting Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping.
Stars InKing Royalty Blog Hop Line Up
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
Thank you for visiting my little part of the Internet today. I hope you enjoyed my post and will come to visit again. I always read and appreciate your comments and respond to any questions. Click the Comment button below to contact me. Click the Buy Awesome Stuff button to shop directly from my 24×7 On-Line store.
Click to Buy Awesome Stuff
Click to Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
We all love to see piles of presents on Christmas morning. Make that your reality with the Gifts Galore Paper Pumpkin Kit! With classic Christmas sentiments, bright and festive colors, a sweet snowman, a tree with all the trimmings, or a playful pile of presents, you’ll have everything you need to make eye-catching treat packages that are sure to spread Christmas cheer. Each Gifts Galore box contains enough supplies to create nine treat packages—three each of three designs—and nine food-safe bags that are adorably styled for easy Christmas gifting. There’s plenty of joy to share with Gifts Galore!