On Monday my post was about some little purses I made for two of our granddaughters with birthdays this week. If you missed that post you can see it here. Today I’m sharing the birthday cards I made for Emma and Penelope. They both love Unicorns and in fact, Penelope’s birthday party is Unicorn-themed. Luckily I have a stamp set with a unicorn. Thanks, you Stampin’ UP!
The Hippo Happiness stamp set was bundled with the Hippo Dies. To be honest, I only bought the bundle because of the dies that include some awesome label shapes, one of them used here and I never thought I would use the stamp set. Boy was I wrong.
My Unicorn card is a fun fold called a Dutch Door that I recently saw on PaperPixie.com. I’ve made this fun fold before but not for a long time so it was a good reminder of a fun way to snaz up your card making.
- Standard card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- DSP and white large enough for die-cutting
- DSP 4 x 2-1/2
- White 4 x 5-1/4 and 2-1/2 x 4
- White scraps large enough for stamping and die-cutting
Steps to create Unicorn Card
- With the long side of the card base at the top, cut down the scoreline to 2-3/4″
- Rotate the card base to the short side at the top. Cut at 2-3/4 down to the scoreline. Remove and save cut piece (size will be 2-3/4 x 4-1/4)
- Add the mall white panel to the separate piece with tape. Die-cut DSP using largest stitched shape from Hippo Dies I used the Brights 6×6 DSP. Adhere to the panel with tape
- Stamp balloons in Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, and Polished Pink on white and die-cut with hippo die. Glue white bakers twine to the back of each balloon. Once dry, attach balloons to the panel with dimensional.
- Die-cut second smallest die from white and stamp the sentiment in Memento ink and attach to the panel with dimensional
- Stamp the smallest unicorn on white using Fresh freesia or Coastal Cabana. With the larger unicorn image stamp off once then stamp over the smaller unicorn image. Stamp unicorn face with Memento. Die-cut all, including the horn, and add to the panel with dimensional.
- Stamp sentiment on the large piece of white in coordinating ink as shown Stamp balloons in coordinating colors around the sentiment and adhere the panel to the card base.
- Adhere 4 x 2-1/2 DSP to the card front. Apply liquid glue to the bottom portion of the panel and glue to the card center of the card front as shown.
- Finish it all off with some DSP on the envelope flap.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for OnLine Exclusive product offerings at StampinUp.com. These products won’t be found in any catalog and will stick around until gone.Shop Online Exclusives