Who says Pumpkins have to be Orange. Not me. I love this alternative color combo with the Pretty Pumpkins and the Detailed Pumpkin Dies I found on HeartfeltStamping.com. Rosanne’s card was so pretty I had to make my own version.
I used a color combination of Soft Succulent, Pool Party, and Soft Sea Foam on my Pumpkins. Such soft colors yet unexpected this time of year.
Step by Step Pretty Pumpkin
- Soft succulent card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Use the scalloped die from Penned Flowers to crop a piece of 4 x 5-1/4 Basic White. Adhere a 1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper just above the stitching with tape runner.
- Stamp sentiment above DSP using soft succulent ink.
- Wrap a piece of Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon over the DSP and adhere on the back with tape runner. Cut a 3 inch piece of ribbon and tie a knot around the ribbon on the left as shown. (We call this a cheater knot or a cheater bow. Much easier than tying the ribbon itself).
- Stamp the Pretty Pumpkin three times on basic white cardstock using versamark. Powder with white embossing powder and heat to set. Use a blending brush to color each pretty pumpkin in Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party, and Soft Succulent. Crop with coordinating die and adhere to card front as shown using dimensional under the middle one.
- Stamp the pumpkin leaf image on soft succulent cardstock using soft succulent ink and crop with coordinating die. Adhere to card front with tape runner and dimensional.
- Finish off your card with some Genial Gems.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin