You are possibly saying to yourself, jeesh Lynn, another word of Cheer card. Well, yes. This one does not use the die-cut words, but rather, that poinsettia stamped image just waiting to be colored. I have again paired it with the Tidings of Christmas DSP. Here’s my card.
Coloring is one of my favorite things to do, however, I know not all of you like it. This color-filled image isn’t too tough though and can be colored in a variety of ways: Stampin’ Blends (that’s what I used), colored pencils, Stampin’ Write markers or, just leave it as is. Whatever way you chose, it will look fabulous.
Step-by-Step Words of Cheer Color Card
- Thick basic white card stock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4. Add 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Evening Evergreen cardstock and a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Tidings of Christmas Cherry Cobbler striped pattern DSP.
- Stamp the poinsettia image using Evening Evergreen Ink on a piece of 3-3/4 x 3-1/2 (landscape direction) basic white. Color all the leaves with Evening Evergreen Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends. Use Real Red light and dark stampin blends as well as Light Poppy Parade stampin’ blends to color the poinsettia. Adhere to bottom right corner of the card front with dimensionals.
- Crop Holly leaves from the Christmas Cheer die set from Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen and adhere to the card front as shown with liquid glue. The dimensionals will allow you to slide them under the corners.
- Stamp the Season’s Greetings sentiment using Versamark on 1/2 x 3-1/8 piece of Evening Evergreen and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Add to card front with dimensional. Tuck a final holly leaf in Soft Succulent under the top right corner.
- For the final touch, add two red rhinestones to the Poinsettia centers.
Thank you for visiting my little part of the Internet today. I hope you enjoyed my post and will come to visit again. I always read and appreciate your comments and respond to any questions. Click the Comment button below to contact me. Click the Buy Awesome Stuff button to shop directly from my 24×7 On-Line store.
Click to Buy Awesome Stuff
Click to Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Chirstmas Whimsy Kit – Now Available
Christmas Whimsy is an adorably festive card kit with a modern design! Santa’s elves might be hard at work in the North Pole but with this all-inclusive kit, the hard work is done for you! All pieces are printed, die-cut, and ready for you to craft. The simple steps of this kit are perfect if you are a beginner crafter and kids, too!
The kit contains everything you need to create eight elf-centric Christmas cards including printed card bases, die cuts, embellishments, an exclusive stamp set, a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spot, and more!Click to Buy Christmas Whimsy Kit