You are possibly saying to yourself, jeesh Lynn, another word of Cheer card. Well, yes. This one does not use the die-cut words, but rather, that poinsettia stamped image just waiting to be colored. I have again paired it with the Tidings of Christmas DSP. Here’s my card.
Coloring is one of my favorite things to do, however, I know not all of you like it. This color-filled image isn’t too tough though and can be colored in a variety of ways: Stampin’ Blends (that’s what I used), colored pencils, Stampin’ Write markers or, just leave it as is. Whatever way you chose, it will look fabulous.
Step-by-Step Words of Cheer Color Card
- Thick basic white card stock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4. Add 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Evening Evergreen cardstock and a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Tidings of Christmas Cherry Cobbler striped pattern DSP.
- Stamp the poinsettia image using Evening Evergreen Ink on a piece of 3-3/4 x 3-1/2 (landscape direction) basic white. Color all the leaves with Evening Evergreen Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends. Use Real Red light and dark stampin blends as well as Light Poppy Parade stampin’ blends to color the poinsettia. Adhere to bottom right corner of the card front with dimensionals.
- Crop Holly leaves from the Christmas Cheer die set from Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen and adhere to the card front as shown with liquid glue. The dimensionals will allow you to slide them under the corners.
- Stamp the Season’s Greetings sentiment using Versamark on 1/2 x 3-1/8 piece of Evening Evergreen and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Add to card front with dimensional. Tuck a final holly leaf in Soft Succulent under the top right corner.
- For the final touch, add two red rhinestones to the Poinsettia centers.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Click to Shop Gently Used Shop
More to Celebrate with Sale-a-Bration
Be inspired by the beauty of nature with the March Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit. You and your customers can send elegant thank you, birthday, or thinking of you cards to friends and family all year long! This kit perfectly coordinates with the Meandering Meadows Suite Collection (item 162745), which you can shop in Online Exclusives while supplies last. Plus, each March subscription kit includes a FREE gift—an additional photopolymer stamp set that can be used with the kit and all your crafting projects!
Subscribe by 10 March to get all this all-inclusive kit
The Love Of Spring Dies
You might also want to consider the Love of Spring dies add on to use with all three Jan, Feb and March and Paper Pumpkin Kits and beyond. Only $12 and only while supplies last. Available to Paper Pumpkin Subscribers. Click the image to see ordering details.
New Kits in the Kits Collection
New Kits now available in the Stampin’ UP! kits collection. Click the images to view and shop.