How cute is this little hippo, swimming in the tub? Love you a Ton is such a cute sentiment and my card is perfect for the birthday of my littlest granddaughter, Penelope who turned 4 this month.
Here is a picture of P being her cool self.
With June birthday’s come swimming and splashing at the pool or out in the yard and this Hippo has it all going on. The Hippest Hippo stamp set is a Sale-a-bration item in the July-Dec mini catalog Sale-a-Bration brochure. Sale-a-bration goes on for all of July and Aug with free product selections from the catalog with $50 or $100 purchases. The Hippest Hippo stamp set is free with a $50 order. Get the coordinating Hippo dies with19 dies included for another $50 purchase.
I cased this card from the SAB brochure, just changing up a few things. I used a piece of the new DSP available July 1 in the Mini Catalog called Gingham Cottage. This Designer Series Paper has 48 sheets of 12×12 double-sided paper. That’s 3 times more than the standard pack of DSP and includes gingham prints in 6 colors making it perfect for making multiple cards.
How to be Hip
- Thick Basic White card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Gingham Cottage DSP 4 x 5-1/4
- Smoky Slate die cut with the third largest stitched rectangle die
- Basic white 2-5/8 x 4
- Scrap pieces of Smoky Slate, Balmy Blue, Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Basic White for die cutting
- Use smokey slate Stampin blends and the color lifter to shade the hippo and the tub.
- Finish it off with some polished dots.
I hope you will consider the Hippest Hippo stamp and die pack in your SAB purchase during July and Aug as well as the other amazing free-with-purchase products available.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram