Welcome to the Pals March Blog Hop. This month we are excited to kick-off Spring with our creative projects. We hope you enjoy these creations and we hope Spring finds you soon!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from stop number 27 Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Erin go bragh everyone. Today’s card is my salute to St Patrick’s Day March 17. Not technically in Spring but I’m hoping you all think it is close enough for today’s hop, and maybe a break from spring flowers and bunnies.
About my card
1. I admit, I struggled with making a St Patrick’s day card. I thought about shamrocks, and rainbows, pots of gold and leprechauns. Nothing struck my fancy. So, I went blog hopping on my own for inspiration and came across an old St. Patrick’s day card that had the lattice die on it. Totally different than what I’ve done here but I knew when I saw that die I had a starting place.
2. This card is really really easy to create. The lattice die in Gumball green with a piece of basic black embossed with swiss dots embossing folder for the base. My card is a standard 4.25 x 5.5 and yes, the lattice hangs off on the top and bottom. I could have made the card bigger but I kinda like the way it hangs off.
3. Teeny Tiny WIshes and Word Window punch with the Modern label behind for the sentiment. If you don’t already own Teeny Tiny wishes and a Word Window punch, I highly recommend it. There is a stamp for nearly every occasion, including St. Patrick’s day, and they all fit perfectly in the Word Window punch. Instant sentiment.
4. Don’t forget the inside. The front of my card might have been completed, I couldn’t call it complete until I had a shamrock somewhere. I don’t own a single stamp of a shamrock so I used the heart stamp from the Banner Blast stamp set and used it to create a shamrock on the inside. Cute, huh!!
Thanks for stopping by today. The next stop in the hop is Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Martie Pollard at Crafty Bandit
- Goldie Shaul at Punch and Stamp with Goldie
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Christine Winslow at Grandma’s Stamping Corner
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Michelle Quinno at Shell’s Life
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Colleen Mollema at Uncanny Crafting
- Amy Lazzell at Just A Thought…Cards by Amy
- Maria Flores at Maria’s Sandbox
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Christie Crosby at Stampin’ Creativity
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- nicole watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine