I know that a theme of Fall doesn’t usually bring to mind a sympathy card, but sympathy cards are needed all year long and Fall is no exception. I recently pulled out my last sympathy card for a co-worker to use last week. So because you can’t really plan ahead for a sympathy card like you can a birthday or anniversary or holiday, I like to keep them on hand. I also wanted to try my hand at a new technique I saw recently. So here goes.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “Dog Days Are Over.” While we still feel the heat from a long, hot summer, August is a perfect time of year to start planning our Fall-themed cards. The projects in our hop will showcase Autumn, back-to-school and warm colors – you might even see a dog or two! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Don’t you just love these leaves. I had seen another card on a facebook page where black cardstock was used with white Here’s how I did it.
- Stamp image using Versamark on dark colored cardstock and emboss with white embossing powder . I used the leaves from Rooted in Nature stamp set and black cardstock.
- Color in the whole image with white watercolor pencil
- Color over the image with other colored watercolor pencils. I used Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze. Some from the Assortment number 1 watercolor set and some from the new Assortment #2 now available in August as part of the Blended Seasons suite. You can order just the watercolor pencils without the rest of the bundle and I highly recommend you do so.
I used the Stitched Labels for my sentiment and some of the copper woven ribbon for accent. I spread the ribbon out to make the webbed look. Some final touches with copper and silver leaf accents.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’ There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie