Welcome to the Pals’ July Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects that are “Mixing It Up” – adding texture that will really take your projects up a notch – or two! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This week I am sharing creative ways to make borders on your projects. Monday it was a fun card using window sheets and die cutting. You can see that post at …Creative Borders with Bloom and Grow . Today is a bit more subtle. Can you find it?
My project today has lots of texture and fits the definition of mixing it up and the Come Sail Away provided so many opportunities. There of course is the embossed background. I sponged some sahara sand ink over the waves to give it some additional depth. But how about that compass. I used the stitched shapes square to cut it out of the Sail Away Designer Series Paper. I was thrilled that it fit perfectly in that square. You usually see them in circles. I like that mine is a bit different and the stitching adds another aspect of texture AND fits my theme this week for creative borders.
The final touch for texture is the silver designers series element (from the Pressed Petals suite pg 72-74) as the center of my compass. That was a happy accident when I found that in my stack of embellishments and I was so excited at how it complimented the compass and was the perfect center.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 14, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Special Occasions” projects. Don’t miss the fun.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
Thanks for visiting. I’ll be back on Friday with another entry in my creative borders theme. Until then…