Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID 19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’m pretty sure any occasion can be a special one so my card today is celebrating the purchase of a new home. My neighbors for the last 22 years are moving about 30 miles away to be closer to their grandson’s. It is bittersweet for them and for the rest of us on our little 4 house court. We will miss them so much but we know a great new family will be moving in soon, filling the house and the court with the sounds of their 4 children. I made two of these cards so I could send one to my new neighbors and one to my previous neighbors celebrating their new home. I hope you like my projects.
I have seen the painted poppies in white several times before and felt I had to try it for myself. What a stunning way to use these dies. I used a Clarity Stencil Brush to create a soft granny apple green background. Stencil brushes provide a very smooth layering of ink and I seem to be more adept at using them than creating a watercolor wash.
I also used the splatter stamp from Label Me Bold stamp set as a shadow behind my poppies. I love how this stamp adds just a bit more to the background of my images.
My sentiment is created from two stamp sets, Peaceful Moments from the Poppie Parade suite and the Delightful Day stamp set from the Annual Catalog. I was using Delightful Day for another project recently and was thrilled to notice the On Your new Home sentiment.
While the dies are not available right now, I feel they will be available soon. If you don’t already have them, you should definitely put them on your list. If you do have them, I hope you will give this card a try and let me know how it turns out.
Check out my video tutorial
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun! And, until then, please stay safe.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
Thank you for visiting today. I always appreciate your comments and answer all questions as soon as possible. Until next time…
Ornate Garden Suite – Available now
- Ornate Garden Suite Collection 154153 $136.75
- Ornate Thanks Bundle 154115 $46.75
- Ornate Style Bundle 154119 $52.00
- Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder 152725 $9.00
- Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack 152479 $7.00
- Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper 152488 $15.00
- Gilded Gems 152478 $7.00
- Ornate Thanks Stamp Set 149471 $18.00
- Ornate Style Stamp Set 152572 $21.00
- Ornate Layers Dies 152726 $37.00
- Ornate Borders Dies 152724 $34.00
Paper Pumpkin – April – My Wonderful Family
Paper Pumpkin believes in making a difference—especially when it comes to helping their subscribers build relationships through paper crafting. For April, they created a fun, family appreciation themed card kit that would make it easy for you to share your hearts with those you love most: mom, dad, daughter, son, sister, and brother. April’s kit even includes Mother’s Day and Father’s Day sentiments, giving you the perfect way to show your appreciation for beloved parents on their special days with a beautiful, handmade card.
Links to products I used today. Click to Shop 24×7