Welcome to the InKing Royalty Christmas Blog Hop and my Poinsettia Fun Fold project! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Christmas, which – believe it or not – is just around the corner. Please prepare yourself for lots of beautiful projects that share the joy of this holiday. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Fun folds are the best card making technique to add wow to your cards. I suppose this one isn’t exactly a fun fold but it is fun and definitely has wow. I used the Poinsettia Place Stamp/die bundle and Designer series paper to create my Poinsettia Fun Fold cards. Take a look.
Julie DiMatteo, a fellow SU Demonstrator shared a card in a meeting this week where she pulled back the top layer of Designer series paper. I used that as my starting point, first selecting the DSP and stamp sets.
My initial thought was to orient this fun fold card in portrait style but the sentiment from Poinsettia Petals was too wide to fit, so instead I turned it all around to landscape stamping the sentiment on the card base first using my Stamparatus.
Tips and Tricks
The trick to this Fun Fold design is in the simple cutting.
- Identify the halfway point on the long side and cut into the half way point on the short side.
- I used my paper piercing tool, or the take your pick tool would work as well and placed it in the center of the paper. I could then spin the paper to line up the corners and score on the diagonal to the center, repeating on the other corner.
Now to curl the flaps.
- Use a pencil, pen or marker and wrap the paper around it, being sure not to go to far and tear the paper.
- Uncurl the paper and pull the tip out, curling it in the opposite direction gently with your fingers.
- Adhere a glue dot just inside the tip and adhere to DSP.
- If you are concerned about it getting squished in the mail, add two dimensionals in the larges part of the curl to keep it puffed up.
The two Fun Fold cards were finished up with pretty Poinsettia images. The real red was stamped in Versmark and heat embossed with clear powder on real red cardstock then die cut. The vellum flocked poinsettia was die cut from Plush Poinsettia Specialty paper.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
InKing Royalty Blog Hop Line-Up
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery YOU ARE HERE
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
Here are some of my past projects using Poinsettia Place
Thank you for checking out another of my projects. I hope you liked it and hope you’ll leave me a comment with your thoughts. Until next time…
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Celebrate with curvy stamps, dies, and more! Designed for a variety of special occasions, the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle includes everything you need to create one-of-a-kind crafts. Don’t let stress steal your spirit—get ahead and order this exclusive bundle for a festive and frenzy-free season!
December’s cute and cuddly Paper Pumpkin kit—called “Beary Comforting”—is designed to uplift your loved ones as this beary tough year finally comes to a close. After a year like 2020, we all could use a big bear hug! With the help of this bear-themed kit, you can create 12 unbearably cute cards featuring warm and fuzzy friends, sweet stamps, and meaningful messages. Near or far, send your friends and family the extra comfort, love, and encouragement they need with this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit! Be sure to sign up by December 10th