Welcome to the InKing Royalty April Blog Hop and my Dandy Garden Card. During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature a mix of butterflies and dragonflies – just in time for Spring. We are excited to share our creations with you today and I hope after you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
One of the most rewarding things about being a Stampin’ UP! demonstrator is the community that comes with it. When I signed up, I specifically chose to sign up under Brian Kink (StampwithBrian.com) because he was building a community of fellow stampers. Recently, his upline, Pam Morris (taptapstamp.com) hosted a card swap where each person makes multiples of the same card and then swaps each card with another stamper. You give away all of your cards and in return, you receive so many beautiful cards back. My card was inspired by the card I received from Gini Wheeler, a fellow Royal. Thanks, Gini! You can see Gini’s card and all of our swaps on Brian’s blog post HERE.
This card is certainly pretty but it is truly unique in how it opens. Simply cut a standard size card base (5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4) and then cut up the front portion up to the score line at 1-1/4 and 4-1/4.
I used Dandy Garden DSP and coordinating stamp sets (Garden Wishes Bundle and Dragonfly Bundle) to their fullest extent here. The patterns on the paper made it easy to make multiples using various colors like Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Misty Moonlight, and Blackberry Bliss.
Again, I drew from my stash of Many Messages sentiments I’ve collected since January to find something perfect for my card leaving the inside blank for writing a personal message.
InKing Royalty Blog Hop Line-up
Hop on to the next blog with Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by RobinThank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery YOU ARE HERE
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Rachel Brumley at Stamp with Rachel
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for OnLine Exclusive product offerings at StampinUp.com. These products won’t be found in any catalog and will stick around until gone.Shop Online Exclusives