Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature leaves and trees, so you are likely to find lots of inspiration for Autumn. I created my project today featuring the Gorgeous Leaves Stamp set and the stunning Intricate Leaves dies. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I had purchased the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set and Intricate Leaves Bundle back in July but this was the first time I have had a chance to ink it up. My idea was to create a collage and I think I have succeeded without being too busy. All my color choices come directly from the stunning Blackberry Beauty Designer series paper even though I used very little of it on my project.
Pieces and Parts for Gorgeous Leaves
- Cut a card base from Cinnamon Cider cardstock – 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Die cut the following pieces
*intricate maple leave die from a piece of Blackberry beauty DSP
*small leaves from Gold or Bronze foil
*large skinny leaf from Very Vanilla
*branch die from Cinnamon Cider and Blackberry Bliss each
- Cut the following pieces of paper strips
*Blackberry Beauty DSP 3-1/2 x 3/4, flagged with Banner Pick a Punch
*Blackberry Bliss 4 x 1/2. cut angles with paper snips
*4″ piece of Gold Shimmer Ribbon angled on the ends.
Step by Step assembly – with a few tips thrown in too
- Create the background panel by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4. Stamp the wood grain image in the center using Cinnamon Cider. Stamp the maple leave from Gorgeous Leaves in upper right using Blackberry Bliss. Finally ink up the text from Very Versailles in Blackberry bliss, stamp off twice then add randomly to panel.
- Run the entire panel through your embossing machine using the new Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder. Use a blending brush with Cinnamon Cider ink and lightly rub over the embossing and edges. Lastly, rough up the edges of the panel with your fingers – I’ve never been successful at tearing paper and making it look good. Adhere to card base with tape runner.
- Stamp sentiment from Dragonfly Garden using versamark on very vanilla then heat emboss with gold powder. Trim around the words with paper snips.
- TIP- for a successful collage I find it best to layout all the pieces and parts, playing with them until I find them pleasing to the eye. Then take a picture – otherwise you will never remember exactly how you had it.
- Finish assembleing using liquid glue for the intricate pieces and tape runner for the strips. Add some dimensional under the sentiment.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
InKing Royalty Blog Hop Line-UpThank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Click to Shop Gently Used Shop
More to Celebrate with Sale-a-Bration
Be inspired by the beauty of nature with the March Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit. You and your customers can send elegant thank you, birthday, or thinking of you cards to friends and family all year long! This kit perfectly coordinates with the Meandering Meadows Suite Collection (item 162745), which you can shop in Online Exclusives while supplies last. Plus, each March subscription kit includes a FREE gift—an additional photopolymer stamp set that can be used with the kit and all your crafting projects!
Subscribe by 10 March to get all this all-inclusive kit
The Love Of Spring Dies
You might also want to consider the Love of Spring dies add on to use with all three Jan, Feb and March and Paper Pumpkin Kits and beyond. Only $12 and only while supplies last. Available to Paper Pumpkin Subscribers. Click the image to see ordering details.
New Kits in the Kits Collection
New Kits now available in the Stampin’ UP! kits collection. Click the images to view and shop.