We have an apple tree right beside the house that has been just full of apples this year. We don’t eat the apples, but the deer love them. This year there have been deer under our apple tree just about every day eating up their delicious treat and that is what inspired my Peaceful Deer card today.
My card doesn’t look overly complicated but there are a lot of details going on here so let me break it down for you.
Ric-Rac Step by Step
- The finished size of this card is 4-3/4 x 3-3/4. I didn’t start out to make an off sized card but sometimes it just happenes. Cut the card base of Cherry cobbler to 7-1/2 x 4-3/4 and score a 3-3/4.
- Basic white cut to 4-3/4 x 3-1/4. Place the two rick-rack dies from Knit Together on each long side and run through your die cutting machine.
- On a large piece of basic black use the same rick-rack dies and cut two. Use the cut out portion and nest inside the basic white.
- Adhere to card base with tape or liquid glue.
Peaceful Deer assembly step by step
- Stamp the two tree images from Peaceful Deer on basic white with Tuxedo black Mememto Ink. Stamp once full strength then repeat without re-inking on either side.
- Using Memento ink stamp the sentiment on basic white then crop with 1-1/8 inch circle die from layering circles. Crop the stitched circles from Picture this out of Cherry Cobbler and use medium size circle as background layer for sentiment. Adhere sentiment to layer with tape and then with dimensional to card front.
- Pull out the piece of Peaceful Prints DSP (free with $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration now through Sept 30) with the red and blacked checked deer. Use the Deer Builder punch to crop the deer with the head to the left. This is the easy one as the image is designed to be cropped with the punch.
- To punch out the deer facing the other way, turn the DSP over and using a light box or a window – anything to shine light from below even the flashlight from your phone- locate the deer through the paper. From the back side, the deer will line up with the punch. Use a pen and mark the back side of the DSP around the head and legs of the deer, just enough that you can see the marks when inserted into your punch. The punch should result in a deer with a head on the right and a white border all around. Adhere deer with dimensionals.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Click the image to shop my Gently Used shop and get great prices and free shipping on your favorites.
More to Celebrate with Sale-a-Bration
Be inspired by the beauty of nature with the March Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit. You and your customers can send elegant thank you, birthday, or thinking of you cards to friends and family all year long! This kit perfectly coordinates with the Meandering Meadows Suite Collection (item 162745), which you can shop in Online Exclusives while supplies last. Plus, each March subscription kit includes a FREE gift—an additional photopolymer stamp set that can be used with the kit and all your crafting projects!
Subscribe by 10 March to get all this all-inclusive kit
The Love Of Spring Dies
You might also want to consider the Love of Spring dies add on to use with all three Jan, Feb and March and Paper Pumpkin Kits and beyond. Only $12 and only while supplies last. Available to Paper Pumpkin Subscribers. Click the image to see ordering details.
New Kits in the Kits Collection
New Kits now available in the Stampin’ UP! kits collection. Click the images to view and shop.