Every time I look at the Whimsy & Wonder suite (page 24-25 of the mini catalog) I think of Dr. Seusse and the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I keep expecting Cindy Lou Who to pop her head out from behind the tree. It can’t just be me, can it? Anyway, I created another card using this fun Whimsy & Wonder suite to share today.
Aren’t those two skinny trees adorable? I used two pieces of the Whimsy & Wonder DSP as background and for the pretty trees. The Diagonal Striped paper was die-cut using the Seasonal Layers dies then colored with some Stampin’ Blends to tie all the colors together. I pulled the little snowflake die from the Giving Gifts die set.
Step by Step Whimsy Tree card
- Mint Macaron card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
- Stamp holly stamp using Misty Moonlight ink in the corners of the card front.
- Layer a 4-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Misty Moonlight with trees in the background from Whimsy & Wonder DSP on a 4-7/8 x 3-5/8 piece of basic white with tape runner. Adhee to card front with dimensionals.
- Die cut one of the trees from Silver Foil and adhere to card front with tape runner
- Use the Seasonal Layers to die cut the Whimsy & Wonder silver stripped DSP. Color with Light Polished Pink, Misty Moonlight and Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends. Add to card front with dimensional.
- Stamp sentiment using Misty Moonlight on Polished Pink cardstock and crop with Seasonal Layers. Add to card front with dimensionl.
- Die cut the two skinny trees from the same Whimsy Misty Moonlight patterned paper (if you are conserving paper, cut these from the same panel used above in #3 under where the stripped paper will be). Use Dimensional and liquid glue to adhere to the sentiiment and background as shown.
- Die cut two snowflakes using Giving Gifts from Basic White. Add to card front with liquid glue.
- Finish off your Whimsy card with silver pearls. on the silver tree.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin