You get two cards today. Both of these cards were made at basically at the same time and both using the Words of Cheer stamp set and coordinating Christmas Cheer dies. I also pulled out the oh so sparkly Be Dazzling DSP in the Sale-A-Bration brochure (free with $50 purchase – more on that later)
Here’s what happened
Initially I set out to create this card, cutting out the letters from the Christmas Cheer die using the free Be Dazzling paper. I think they look super against a plain very vanilla background. I did try Basic White but felt the dazzling paper just didn’t go as well with white as it did with vanilla. Here’s a closer look at the Words of Cheer bundle.
Each of the words has two coordinating dies, one for the letters, and one for a background layer. I also used the sentiment in the top left but cut it into three pieces to fit better with my card design. The background DSP is from Tidings of Christmas 6×6 Designer Series Paper found in the annual catalog. I love this paper and have been reaching for it a lot because it is full of that beautiful Evening Evergreen In Color.
My second card was a happy accident in that when I cut out the letters for Cheer for the first card, I was left with this awesome piece of Be Dazzling die-cut paper. I played around with various looks until I landed on this one with the large holly image stamped off three times with Evening Evergreen before stamping on the card front.
If you would like to make these cards yourself, purchased the Words of Cheer Bundle (46.75) + Tiding of Christmas DSP or Evening Evergreen Ink, or In-Color pack of Paper, or Thick Very Vanilla cardstock and earn the Be Dazzling paper as your free Sale-A-Bration items. See all the items listed below and click any one of them to start shopping from my on-line store.
Step by Step Cheer #1
- Thick Very Vanilla card base 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 scored at 4-1/4 with another piece of Very Vanilla 4x 5-1/4 adhered to card base with dimensional
- Crop piece of Evening Evergreen DSP from Tiding of Christmas to 2 x 5. Cut two strips of Be Dazzling SAB paper 5 x 1/2. Glue to back of the DSP with liquid glue. Adhere panel to card front with dimensional.
- Die cut the background of CHEER from Thick Very Vanilla. Die cut the Cheer letters from Be Dazzling by placing the die in the top left corner of the 6×6 DSP. Make sure it is straight. Save the negative for the next project and use liquid glue to adhere the individual letters to the background. Adhere entire panel to card front with liquid glue.
- Stamp sentiment using Evening Evergreen ink on 3/4 strip of Thick Very Vanilla. Cut the phrase into three sections and adhere to card front with tape runner
Step by Step Cheer #2
- Evening Evergreen Card base 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 scored at 4-1/4.
- Stamp 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Thick Very Vanilla with large image from Words of Cheer stamp set and Evening Evergreen stamping off three times on scratch paper. Use Real Red to stamp sentiment over top of the image. Adhere to card front with tape runner.
- Trim negative CHEER from previous card to 1-1/2″ x 4-3/4. Use lots of dimensional to adhere to a 1-3/4 x 5 piece of Tiding of Christmas DSP. Here is a tip…..plan ahead and when initially cutting out the letters, first adhere Be Dazzling Paper to Foam Sheets.
- Adhere panel to card front with tape runner.
- Die cut holly leaf from Christmas Cheer die from Evening Evergreen. Add to card front with liquid glue. Color three small basic Pearls with Dark Real Red stampin’ Blend and add to holly leaf.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Click to Shop Gently Used Shop
More to Celebrate with Sale-a-Bration
Be inspired by the beauty of nature with the March Memorable Meadows Paper Pumpkin Kit. You and your customers can send elegant thank you, birthday, or thinking of you cards to friends and family all year long! This kit perfectly coordinates with the Meandering Meadows Suite Collection (item 162745), which you can shop in Online Exclusives while supplies last. Plus, each March subscription kit includes a FREE gift—an additional photopolymer stamp set that can be used with the kit and all your crafting projects!
Subscribe by 10 March to get all this all-inclusive kit
The Love Of Spring Dies
You might also want to consider the Love of Spring dies add on to use with all three Jan, Feb and March and Paper Pumpkin Kits and beyond. Only $12 and only while supplies last. Available to Paper Pumpkin Subscribers. Click the image to see ordering details.
New Kits in the Kits Collection
New Kits now available in the Stampin’ UP! kits collection. Click the images to view and shop.