Winter is an awesome time to work up a stash of birthday cards for the coming months. It’s cold, dark, and yucky outside so who wants to go out in that. We might as we stay in and craft and a great stamp set to use is the Honeybee Blooms bundle.
This card is really quite easy to make with a few supplies. I did some coloring with my Stampin’ Blends to add color to the die cuts using Petal Pink and Mossy Meadow.
Step by Step Honeybee Bloom Card
- Cut a Basic Gray card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 and score at 4-1/4.
- Crop a piece of Heart & Home Designer Series Paper to 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 then run it through your die and embossing machine with the Tasteful Textures embossing folder. This unique paper has colored designs on one side and Smokey Slate colored wood grain designs on the other. Most any of the patterns would work on this card.
- Adhere a piece of 7/8″ SMOKY SLATE TEXTURED RIBBON to card front. I find tear tape the best for large pieces of ribbon.
- Die cut the highlighted elements from Honeybee Blooms dies from Basic White cardstock. Color the stems with Mossy Meadow Stampin Blends and the flowers with Petal Pink.
- Stamp the floral image from Blessing of Home using Old Olive ink on Basic White carddstock. Color the image with Stampin Blends and crop with the Flowers of Home die
- Adhere Honeybee Bloom and Blessings of Home images to card front with dimensional tucking the smaller pieces behind and in front of the large image as shown.
- Stamp sentiment from Honeybee Home on Basic White cardstock with Smoky Slate ink and adhere to card front as shown
I really love how much the texture on the Designer Series Paper adds to this card. I’ve really been trying to use my embossing folders more often. They are such an inexpensive reusable item and add so much.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram
Discover messages of friendship and loyalty in the flowers from the August Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes 8 cards, 4 each of 2 designs, and 8 coordinating envelopes. The kit is special because of the way it uses the meaning of flowers. On each card, you’ll find a small inscription of what the flowers represent. As you craft with the included vellum and watercolor paper pieces, you’ll know you’re sending a message of encouragement and loyalty to your recipients.
And don’t wait, because anyone who subscribes to this month’s kit will get a FREE stamp set! This Distinktive stamp set is perfect for a variety of occasions!Sign Me Up for Paper Pumpkin
JOINING DURING SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking to get a great deal on Stampin’ UP products as well as a 20% discount on future purchases? Consider joining Stampin’ UP! and my team today. During Jan-Feb if you sign up as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, you’ll be able to pick two additional stamp sets for free after picking all of the products you want in your Starter Kit. The stamp sets need to be live at the time of picking them, so anything you see in a current catalog or at stampinup.com is eligible.Answering Your Joining SU QuestionsChange My Life – Join Now