Welcome to the Flowers InKing Royalty March Blog Hop. As we prepare for Spring, flowers are always on our minds. We are sharing flower-themed projects with you today and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.s
I decided to pull out a Stamp/Die bundle from the Annual Catalog – Celebrate Sunflowers. I’ve been thinking I should really ink it upI hadn’t for a long time, but the fact that the bundle is back, and 20% off of the unbundled price, is an even better reason.
The Sunflower really doesn’t need a lot of adornment as it is beautiful and detailed on its own so I paired it with Misty Moonlight, an In-Color that is retiring Iat the end of April. The pretty striped paper is from You’re A Peach Designer Series Paper, also retiring at the end of April.
This Designer Series Paper is printed in a horizontal – not diagonal – pattern, so I cut out a piece that was larger than what I needed then adhered it onto a piece of 4 x 5-1/4 Basic White on the diagonal and trimmed it to size.
Tips and Tricks
I used two types of ribbon across the diagonal DSP, Misty Moonlight 1/4″ woven ribbon (currently retired) and a piece of the baker’s twine from the Flowers for Every Season ribbon combo. To tie the pretty bow of the twine I first tied it around a stamping block as it is easier to tie around something solid and not flimsy like a piece of paper. Once tied, I snipped it in the back so there were two pieces, coming from either side of the bow. Use a glue dot to hold it down on the front and some liquid glue or glue dot to hold it on the back of the panel.
Flowers Blog Hop Line UpThank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Joanne Whittington at The Inky Dragon
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram