When there is good news it’s always a great time to send a card. Today’s card has a fun technique with the new Botanical Layers images and a white craft ink pad that I hope you will enjoy.
Like yesterday, this is another card inspired by Shannon West. You can see her video tutorial by clicking Here. My card is very similar to Shannon’s but I used a technique instead of a stamp to create the background look. Here’s How.
Steps and Techniques
- Parakeet Party Cardstock cut to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4. Stamp several images from Botanical Layers on the lower left of the card front using Versamark and then heat set with clear embossing powder. Open your White Craft Inkpad, but do not re-ink. Drag the pad from side to side on the card front just to add a bit of white, but not saturate it, streaks are good. Shannon used the Dry Brush stamp, a large single stamp that gives this effect but you can do the same with any ink pad.
- Wipe the embossed areas with a tissue or paper towel to remove any ink then hit it with your heat gun to set the craft ink and keep it from smearing.
- Stamp the flower image from Nature’s Prints with Versamark on Coastal Cabana and heat emboss with white embossing powder and die cut with coordinating die. With the Natural Prints dies and die cut several pieces from Pool Party, Orchid Oasis, and Parakeet Party.
- Stamp Time for a Happy Dance using Starry Sky on white cardstock and die cut with the label die from Nature’s Prints. TIP: Place the sentiment on the card front with dimensional and then tie the starry sky ribbon around in a bow, the dimensional will hold it still and make it easier to tie.
Thanks for visiting my little portion of the Internet today. Click the button below to shop my online Stampin’ UP! store 24/7. If you have any questions, drop me an email at Lynn@AverysOwlery.com.Buy Awesome Stuff
If you enjoyed this post please be sure to…
- Check out my Gallery of Projects for more inspiration
- Save 10% on Product Bundles
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- The $99 starter Kit is the Best Deal of ALL. Discounts & benefits Here
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for paper crafting tutorials
- Follow me on Instagram